- DOES NOT exclude costs such as Warranties, Registration Fees, Insurance Premiums, Road Fund Licence or fuel & paintwork protection applications*.
- NO right to reduce the Gap Insurance payout if your Motor Insurance policy pays out less than the Market Value of your vehicle at the time of loss.*
- Underwritten by UK General Insurance Limited, on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited – the 10th largest overall personal lines insurer in the UK.**
- Available for Cars and Light Vans, up to 105 days old, purchased within the last 105 days from an authorised dealer or finance house.
- CASH payout to you rather than to a nominated dealer, leaving you free to choose the provider of your replacement vehicle***
- FREE option to defer the start date of the policy by up to 12 months from the date the vehicle was first registered.****
- OPTION to include cover for up to £2,000 of negative equity brought forward from your previous vehicle.
- Ability to cancel the policy at any time and receive a pro-rata refund of unused premium*****
- NO right to revalue the purchase price of your vehicle at the time you bought it.*
- Pays £250 towards the excess on your Comprehensive Motor Insurance policy.
- FREE transfer of any unused premium on to a replacement vehicle.
- Policy durations of up to 4 years available.
- Claim Limits of up to £100,000 available.
- FREE policy amendments.
* Applicable only to policies purchased after March 28th 2013.
** Source: Based on AM Best analysis 2010 FSA data (measured by GWP in UK)
*** If there is finance secured on the vehicle, the finance company may insist that our payout is made to them directly, with you then being paid any balance that remains.
**** Available only for vehicles less than 105 days old at the time the policy is purchased.
***** Subject to a cancellation fee. Unless the pro-rata amount is used against the cost of a new policy, in which case the cancellation fee is waived.